Saturday, August 10, 2013

My un-Predictable Husband

It's 2:00am and I wake up to my husband jumping out of bed and frantically turning the light on.
"It's not time to get up yet, Babe," I say groggily.
"Oh. Okay," he replies, turns off the light, and calmly snuggles back into bed.

Fast forward a few months and I wake up in the middle of the night to find that the top sheet has completely vanished. Since I am typically the "cover stealer" of this duo, I look on the floor next to my side of the bed. The sheet is nowhere to be found.
"Nathan, do you know where the sheet went," I ask?
"Nope."
"Well, it has to be somewhere around here," I insist.
My husband then leans over his side of the bed, picks up the sheet which is wadded up into a little ball, and tosses it over to me.
"Here," he says in an annoyed voice.

And then there was the night this week I wake up to the feeling of something rough touching my leg. I reach down to see what it is and find the lining of Nathan's ABU cap all crinkled up and tucked under the sheets. I toss it over onto his nightstand, and shake my head thinking, "What in the world has he been up to?"

My husband, Nathan, is the most predictable man I've ever met. I love that about him. No surprises... except for in the middle of the night. I never know what's going to happen at 2:00am. I have to be ready for anything. And each morning I wake up and ask him for an explanation of whatever crazy thing happened during that night. He always just chuckles and says, "Haha...I have no idea."

People always ask these days how much sleep I am getting with a 3 month old baby in the house. The real question is, how much sleep am I getting with a husband who does crazy things in the middle of the night? The baby isn't the problem.


This blog post was approved by Nathan before published. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment