As I console my crying little child, struggling to meet his needs, there is only one thing I can whisper in his ear. "You were made for heaven, sweet boy. This world is scary, uncomfortable, dangerous and dark. But this is not your home. You, little one, were made for heaven. Heaven is all smiles, no tears. All joy, no sorrow. Look to Jesus. He will carry you there."
And this evening, as I sit in a quiet living room, baby in bed, husband sleeping...the Father reminds this child of the same thing. "I see your tired eyes, your weary spirit. Rest. Lift your eyes to Jesus, and let your spirit fill with hope, joy. You were made for heaven, and I am carrying you there."
"For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
Revelation 7:17
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28
No comments:
Post a Comment