Friday, October 12, 2012

The Miracle

This morning was baby's first "official" ultrasound (after a surprise ultrasound in the ER late one night last week). What a beautiful joy to see that little body squirming around and to hear that heart beating loud and strong! What I loved even more than seeing our little one was looking over at Nathan and watching his reaction to it all. I think he's already in love. : )

Nathan and I are continually amazed by the miracle. The fact that our little child is just ten weeks old, measuring 2.5 cm., and already has fully developed vital organs, working joints, fingernails and hair is simply mind-blowing. I am often left reflecting on the wonder of it all, with none to praise but our Creator God. It is He who fashions together the tiny child in the mother's womb. He's the One who weaves everything just so. Our Lord is the life giver and the life sustainer. He has written all of our days. How wonderful to rest in His sovereignty today.


"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."
Psalm 139:13-16

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for the Miracle of Life - a sweet little Flack baby:) We are all so happy for you both. Please know you are in our prayers! I love your blog - and we love you both!

    Teresa and family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Teresa! We love and miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete