Monday, October 1, 2012

The First of October

It's the first of October, and today I am missing fall in Ohio. I miss the brisk mornings, the leaves' lovely colors, and pumpkin flavored things. I miss football, and harvest, and birthday parties. Mississippi is beautiful right now with the sunshine and mild temperatures, but it's not fall...and it's not Ohio.

October holds lots of blessings in store for us. Celebrating our first anniversary. Introducing family to the gulf coast. Hearing our baby's heart beat for the first time. Spending time in Ohio. Discovering where God will take us next on our journey in the Air Force. I look forward to them all with joy.

Morning sickness still plagues me. Though I know it will be worth it, this is a trial I did not anticipate being so difficult. The thought of living a day without nausea has become a distant fantasy. For now, I count my blessings, including this blessing in my belly which makes me feel so miserable. And I rest in His mercy which came new this morning.


"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23


No comments:

Post a Comment