Monday, July 23, 2012

Pastors and Providence

I've mentioned before that one of the hardest things about leaving my previous home in Cedarville, OH was having to leave the church there. I knew that our pastor, Craig Miller, who faithfully and explicitly preached the difficult, yet glorious truth of God's Word was a rare and precious gift. I knew that pastors who did so are few and far between.

I find it amazing that, by the providence of God, Nathan and I now find ourselves sitting under the preaching of another pastor who faithfully preaches the truth of Scripture without reserve, just as our previous pastor did. We are challenged and convicted weekly of our sinfulness, and we're awakened to the seriousness, difficulty, and beauty of walking with Jesus. We are both growing daily in our love for and obedience to our God, due in large part to our faithful pastor here.

You are welcome to listen to a sample of what we're so blessed to hear on a weekly basis at this link: www.sermonaudio.com. Our pastor, Joe Tolin, humbly preached this sermon entitled "Keep His Commandments" on John 14:15 two weeks ago, and I just listened to it again this afternoon. He speaks invaluable truth that I, along with all who claim to follow Christ, desperately needed to hear. 


May the truth of Scripture make you fear God, treasure Christ, and walk in the Spirit today. 


"If you love me, you will keep my commandments."
John 14:15 

1 comment:

  1. I give thanks to God when I find evidence that our children have shepherds who truly care for their souls. In addition to this post, last Saturday I attended a wedding reception and sat with Kaley's pastor from Olathe and rejoiced for his ministry to her. Last Wednesday Robby made a presentation to the missions committee at the church he has joined in Lawrence. Elizabeth and Sean seem to be flourishing at their church in Washington, D.C. All our "out of the house" children are currently receiving godly soul care in a strong local church. I am a blessed man.

    ReplyDelete