Friday, August 17, 2012

Blessing of Family

If you'd been looking for me within the past week or so you would have found me in no other place than the beautiful Manhattan, Kansas visiting my in-laws. Nathan had to stay here in Biloxi, so I ventured out by myself and traveled the 900+ miles to spend a week with his parents and siblings. If you don't know my in-laws, you may be thinking I'm brave or crazy or simply a naïve newlywed. Spending a week alone with your in-laws sounds just shy of torture to some of you.

But...for those of you who do know my in-laws, you know I am so richly blessed.

Mom & Dad Flack are going through a life transition right now, so I spent the week helping them prepare to move from their home in Kansas. There were many quality hours of sorting, purging, organizing and cleaning interrupted by sweet times of conversation, laughter, and loving on my precious nephew, Colin. I returned home last night exhausted from the very busy week, but Nathan will tell you that I couldn't stop talking about how much fun we had and how much I love his family.

Growing up in an incredible family with two loving parents, two great brothers, and three fantastic sisters, I'm still so overwhelmed that God saw fit to give me two more wonderful parents, another superb brother, and three more lovely sisters on the day I married Nathan. I love them all even more now than I did a week ago, and my heart is thanking God today for His ever sweet blessing of family.


"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory, he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith..."
Ephesians 3:14-17


No comments:

Post a Comment